Doral Woods Forum
This is a forum for homeowners at Doral Woods. This is NOT run by the HOA. This is by homeowners for homeowners. A place that we can address concerns about our community and our HOA. We may also be able to help each other with vacation rentals etc (for those that rent out the house). A place to gather information for the benefit of us homeowners.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Doral Woods Forum
This is a forum for homeowners at Doral Woods. This is NOT run by the HOA. This is by homeowners for homeowners. A place that we can address concerns about our community and our HOA. We may also be able to help each other with vacation rentals etc (for those that rent out the house). A place to gather information for the benefit of us homeowners.
Doral Woods Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Owning at Doral Woods

3 posters

Go down

Owning at Doral Woods Empty Owning at Doral Woods

Post by Admin Sat Aug 20, 2016 11:05 am

I bought my property in 2004 and a few weeks after buying it, hurricane charlie struck.  I ruined my pool enclosure took off some of the roof and brought trees down around my house.  After the hurricane had past I got someone to cut down a tree and cut down the limbs of the trees that were damaged.  Two men took about 2 hours to cut the trees.  They didn't even have to take them away as the county was doing it.  I received an invoice for $13,000 for 2 hrs work.  I didn't pay and settled before it got to court for $3000.  to me this was even crazy, but i was stuck in a position with a worse possible outcome.  the HOA drive me crazy every now and then, as it feels not much has changed he in 12 years, other than the front wall on Poinciana getting painted every now and then.

Admin
Admin

https://doral.board-directory.net

Back to top Go down

Owning at Doral Woods Empty Re: Owning at Doral Woods

Post by elevenofthirteen Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:19 pm

We bought in 2013. We have enjoyed living here. Traffic drives me nuts as I live near the main entrance. Neighbors are quite for the most part. I would love to know more people in the neighborhood.

elevenofthirteen

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:56 pm

Hi Elevenofthirteen,
Thanks for joining the forum. This is kind of why I wanted to start this forum. Doral Woods is a lovely place, but there is such a lack of community here. It would be great for everyone to know a few more neighbours, if even only to say good morning to. Trying to get the members on the forum is the first challenge and making people understand this is for the homeowners and NOT a HOA forum.
If you know any please try to get them to join. With more members also, we may be able to address the issue of soundproofing the noise, from the traffic.  The only way we are going to get anything done on the subdivision is if we want it, but we can only get it done if we have enough power, to put it to the HOA.  Maybe we could use this forum to arrange votes by proxy (for those that are abroad) on issues we want discussed and voted on. Just an idea. It's our community, perhaps it's time we had a bit more input.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by repoagent7 Sun Sep 04, 2016 3:22 pm

Hello everyone we to moved here in 2004 and right after Charlie came my kids was very young 1,8.10 as we all know kids need to play I remember people was upset because kids played basketball in the street at normal hours also I remember a lady asking us do you live there I said yes we just got the house and then said WE DONT HAVE ANY CRIME HERE ? but to say this is a great place to live I don't see why we pay H.O.A because the grass and the run off area are not cut often and no one really use the community pool or the tennis court I think it should be a basketball court for the kids we have good people that lives here I have meet them by towing there car also I do lots of security in Doral woods watching for my neighbors property if I can help anyone please feel free to contact me if you don't know me iam Billy 4077090423.

repoagent7

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:36 am

Hi repagent7,
thanks for joining. It does seem that everyone i talk to does have issue with the way the HOA is running things, and this is a good place to highlight the issues and concerns that homeowners have. I hate the fact that there are never ever any improvements done to our community. I drive past other sub divisions on poinciana and I think thats looks nice, i get to ours and I think.. a white wall. we need proper investment is street lighting, drainage and roadworks. I guess all the HOA fees go somewhere.. but i can't see where.

Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum